- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- 'Santa' suspect Moffat sentenced to 12 years for sexual abuse of girl (8/23/16)2
- New CEO named at Wood & Huston Bank (8/21/16)
- Schnucks bans solicitors, including organizations like Salvation Army (8/24/16)38
- Police: Woman beat another woman with a bat over a pair of shoes (8/21/16)2
Publisher booed at graduation talk
SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- A newspaper publisher's commencement speech was drowned out by hecklers when she mentioned threats to civil liberties posed by the government's investigation of the terrorist attacks.
Janis Besler Heaphy, publisher of The Sacramento Bee, was delivering the midyear graduation address Saturday to about 17,000 people at California State University in Sacramento.
When Heaphy raised questions about racial profiling, military tribunals, the audience interrupted by clapping and stomping their feet.