- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Kimberly Joy Ertel and Corey Steven Wright were married June 15, 2001, in an outdoor setting at Harry P. Leu Gardens in Orlando, Fla. The Rev. John Garner performed the double ring ceremony.
Parents of the bride are Mr. and Mrs. David Ertel of Apopka, Fla. The groom is the son of Kathy Wright of Cape Girardeau and the late Steven W. Wright.
Christy Ertel of Apopka was her sister's maid of honor. Bridesmaids were Janet Taylor of St. Louis, Susan Brown of Memphis, Tenn., Greta Weigley, Jeri Anderson, Autumn Reisz, Jennifer Hammond and Christy Crowther, all of Orlando.
Best man was Anthony Vaughn of St. Louis. Groomsmen were Scott Wright of Cape Girardeau, brother of the groom; David Ertel of Apopka, brother of the bride; Trevor Fulmer of Williamsport, Pa., cousin of the bride; Josh O'Brien of Orlando; Jamie Overcamp of Florida; Trevor Bossert of North Dakota; and Mike Kearns of St. Louis. Ushers were Trevor and Jeff Fulmer of Williamsport, cousins of the bride.
Flower girl was Kacy Oldsen and ringbearer was Conner Oldsen, children of Phil and Connie Oldsen of Kennett, Mo., and cousins of the groom.
Karen Garner attended the guest book. Program attendants were Amanda and Emily Hutteger, daughter of David and Judy Hutteger of Cape Girardeau and cousins of the groom.
Following the ceremony, an indoor reception, dinner and dance was held at the gardens.
The groom's mother hosted the rehearsal dinner June 14 at the Olive Garden in Orlando.
Mrs. Wright is a graduate of Forest Lake Academy in Apopka, received a degree in building construction from Seminole Community College, and plans to pursue a degree in architecture. She is a legal assistant at Young, Bill and Fugett in Pensacola, Fla.
The groom is a 1995 graduate of Central High School, and attended Southeast Missouri State University. He is serving in the U.S. Navy and is attending Flight Engineering School in Pensacola.
After a wedding trip to St. Lucia, the couple resides in Pensacola.