- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
JONESBORO, Ill. -- Leon Frick, 73, of Jonesboro died Friday, Dec. 14, 2001, at the Union County Hospital in Anna, Ill.
Born June 7, 1928, in Jonesboro, he was the son of Coney and Flora Reynolds Frick.
On June 24, 1965, in Carbondale, he was married to Betty Fifield. She died March 10, 1978.
Frick was a veteran of the Korean War and was injured in the line of duty. A disabled veteran, he was a member of the American Legion post at McClure, Ill.
Survivors include two sisters, Mary Brown and Ermael Michaels, both of Anna, and a brother, Lester Frick of Jonesboro.
In addition to his wife and parents, he was preceded in death by two brothers.
Friends may call from 5-8 p.m. today at Hileman and Parr Funeral Chapel with funeral services at 1 p.m. Monday at the funeral home.