- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Laura Ellebracht, 76, died Friday, Dec. 14, 2001, at the Chateau Girardeau.
Born Nov. 12, 1925, in Kinder, Mo., she was the daughter of Virgil C. and Emma Gillespie Daniels.
On April 20, 1946, in Piggot, Ark., she was married to Milton Ellebracht.
She worked 22 years at Commerce Bank in St. Louis and served as a Girl Scout Leader for many years. She and her husband moved to Cape Girardeau in 1988.
Ellebracht was a member of the United Church of Christ in St. Louis, a genealogy group in Jackson, Mo., and a garden club in Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include her husband, two daughters, Suzanne Benner of St. Louis, Ellen Haskell of Cape Girardeau; a sister, Amalee Hartz of Norfolk, Va., three grandchildren and one great-grandson.
In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by two brothers.
Friends may call from 4-8 p.m. Monday at the McCombs Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau. Funeral will be held at 2 p.m. Tuesday with the Rev. Raynond McAfee officiating. Burial will take place in Fairmont Cemetery in Cape Girardeau.