- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Man runs to jail
MUNCIE, Ind. -- A burglary suspect made it easy for police to arrest him this week. While being chased by deputies, he ran to the local jail.
Christopher S. Newsome, 26, of Portland, was suspected of breaking into the Randolph County Courthouse early Tuesday and taking $25 from a receptionist's desk, police said.
A suspicious janitor at the courthouse found Newsome hiding in a closet.
Sheriff's deputies then spotted Newsome running across the parking lot of the county jail and caught him at the front door.