- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)6
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)3
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Second round of anthrax cleaning starts near Senate
WASHINGTON -- Preparation problems delayed the pumping of a second round of poison gas into the anthrax-tainted Hart Senate Office Building for a second day Saturday.
Two weeks ago, workers used the gas in the offices of Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle. Test results released last week found some spores still lingering in the South Dakota Democrat's suite.
The Environmental Protection Agency wanted to begin the new fumigation operation Friday but were delayed by equipment problems that were resolved by Saturday afternoon, said Lt. Dan Nichols, spokesman for the U.S. Capitol Police.
The building has remained closed since Oct. 17.