- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
Second round of anthrax cleaning starts near Senate
WASHINGTON -- Preparation problems delayed the pumping of a second round of poison gas into the anthrax-tainted Hart Senate Office Building for a second day Saturday.
Two weeks ago, workers used the gas in the offices of Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle. Test results released last week found some spores still lingering in the South Dakota Democrat's suite.
The Environmental Protection Agency wanted to begin the new fumigation operation Friday but were delayed by equipment problems that were resolved by Saturday afternoon, said Lt. Dan Nichols, spokesman for the U.S. Capitol Police.
The building has remained closed since Oct. 17.