- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Wind brings down Wendy's sign in Cape Girardeau (12/11/17)2
- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
Second round of anthrax cleaning starts near Senate
WASHINGTON -- Preparation problems delayed the pumping of a second round of poison gas into the anthrax-tainted Hart Senate Office Building for a second day Saturday.
Two weeks ago, workers used the gas in the offices of Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle. Test results released last week found some spores still lingering in the South Dakota Democrat's suite.
The Environmental Protection Agency wanted to begin the new fumigation operation Friday but were delayed by equipment problems that were resolved by Saturday afternoon, said Lt. Dan Nichols, spokesman for the U.S. Capitol Police.
The building has remained closed since Oct. 17.