- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)3
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)25
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)6
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)16
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
Second round of anthrax cleaning starts near Senate
WASHINGTON -- Preparation problems delayed the pumping of a second round of poison gas into the anthrax-tainted Hart Senate Office Building for a second day Saturday.
Two weeks ago, workers used the gas in the offices of Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle. Test results released last week found some spores still lingering in the South Dakota Democrat's suite.
The Environmental Protection Agency wanted to begin the new fumigation operation Friday but were delayed by equipment problems that were resolved by Saturday afternoon, said Lt. Dan Nichols, spokesman for the U.S. Capitol Police.
The building has remained closed since Oct. 17.