- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)8
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Pincksten's newest renovation project: 328 S. Spanish St. (7/17/16)6
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Trooper-involved homicide case rests in prosecutor's hands (7/17/16)15
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)4
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Jackson roundabout on schedule, on budget (7/19/16)7
Second round of anthrax cleaning starts near Senate
WASHINGTON -- Preparation problems delayed the pumping of a second round of poison gas into the anthrax-tainted Hart Senate Office Building for a second day Saturday.
Two weeks ago, workers used the gas in the offices of Senate Majority Leader Tom Daschle. Test results released last week found some spores still lingering in the South Dakota Democrat's suite.
The Environmental Protection Agency wanted to begin the new fumigation operation Friday but were delayed by equipment problems that were resolved by Saturday afternoon, said Lt. Dan Nichols, spokesman for the U.S. Capitol Police.
The building has remained closed since Oct. 17.