- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Jackson police describe night of anger, car crashes, drug possession by 18-year-old (1/22/17)5
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
Vietnam gets new U.S. ambassador
HANOI, Vietnam -- The new U.S. ambassador to Vietnam, Raymond F. Burghardt, arrived in Hanoi on Saturday to begin a term that will focus on putting a new trade agreement into action.
Arriving at Noi Bai International Airport with his wife, Burghardt said he would work to ensure both nations benefit from the landmark trade pact, which was put into effect on Dec. 10.