- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Private graveside service for Betty E. Nicholas of Cape Girardeau will be held Friday at Cape County Memorial Park Cemetery. Rocky Tallent will officiate.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Nicholas, 71, died Tuesday, Dec. 11, 2001, at her home.
She was born July 4, 1930, at Fruitland, Mo., daughter of Oliver Wilson and Floy Augusta Snider Morton. She and Robert Nicholas were married Sept. 22, 1950, in Cape Girardeau.
Nicholas was formerly vice president of Cougar Energy Corp. She was a member of First Baptist Church.
Survivors include her husband; two sons, Steven Nicholas of Fruitland, Mo., Robert Nicholas of Jackson, Mo.; a daughter, Rebecca Sweet of Cape Girardeau; and four grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, a daughter, and two sisters.