- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Ethel May Henson, 97, of Newport News, Va., died Monday, Dec. 10, 2001, at Riverside Regional Convalescent Center in Newport News (Denbigh).
She was born Sept. 17, 1904, at Lutesville, Mo., daughter of James Solleman and Magalin Strong McCormick. She married Rudy G. Henson, who died in 1963.
Henson was a stitcher at International Shoe Co., retiring in 1969. She moved to Newport News in 1973 from Cape Girardeau. She was a member of VFW Auxiliary in Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include a son, Richard W. Henson Sr. of Newport News; four grandchildren, Richard W. Henson Jr. of Newport News, Doyle D. Henson of York County, Va., Terry L. Shepard of Williamsburg, Va., and Sheliah G. Henley of Poquoson, Va.
She was preceded in death by her parents, three brothers, Ed, Elmer and Eugene McCormick.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Sprigg Street Funeral Home from noon to 1:45 p.m. Thursday.
Graveside service will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Lorimier Cemetery. The Rev. Jay White will officiate.