- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Aging bridge gets money for repairs
CROSSVILLE, Ill. -- An aging bridge in Southern Illinois is getting quite a Christmas present -- $120,000.
Two Illinois lawmakers, Sen. Bill O'Daniel, D-Mount Vernon, and Rep. Chuck Hartke, D-Effingham, say they have gotten money to help pay for maintenance of the New Harmony Bridge across the Wabash River. It was scheduled to close Dec. 30 because local officials no longer could afford to maintain it. The bridge links Crossville with New Harmony, Ind. Neither state wanted to take over the bridge because of its condition.