- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)10
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
Feds find drug tunnel in Arizona
TUCSON, Ariz. -- Federal authorities found an 85-foot tunnel under the U.S.-Mexican border Tuesday and said they believed it had been used to smuggle $21 million worth of cocaine and marijuana into the United States.
Authorities said they had seized all the drugs -- 956 pounds of cocaine and 839 pounds of marijuana -- since smugglers began using the tunnel in late summer, Customs Agent Vince Iglio said. Two people were arrested last month.
The tunnel stretched from a home in Nogales to a concrete wash on the Mexican side of the border.