- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Two men face drug charges
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Two Chaffee men were arrested recently and charged with drug-related crimes.
Officers from the Chaffee Police Department and Scott County Sheriff's Department executed a search warrant at 309 Cook St. in Chaffee Dec. 1.
They seized a small amount of drug paraphernalia and one item of stolen property and arrested David Baker, 21, on a Scott County felony warrant.
Michael Brown, 26, of 317 Black St. in Chaffee, also was arrested on a Scott County warrant, and both men were taken to the Scott County sheriff's office and charged with distribution of a controlled substance within 2,000 feet of a school. It is a Class A felony that carries a penalty of 10 to 30 years or life in prison.
The investigation was conducted by the Chaffee Police Department and the Scott County Sheriff's Department.