- Few Southeast students face suspension, expulsion for sexual assaults, campus paper finds (4/25/17)6
- Perryville family organizing bone-marrow drive Friday for ailing 6-year-old boy (4/26/17)
- Woman battered after smashing boyfriend's meth pipe against wall, police say (4/25/17)1
- Temptations bassist dies after Cape Girardeau show (4/26/17)2
- BBB warns Jackson man's online business might not be legit (4/24/17)
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- State Supreme Court rules against congressman's mother in dog-kennel defamation case (4/27/17)1
- Strattman to step down as principal at St. Mary (4/28/17)1
- Cape couple turns their home into cozy, comfortable music venue (4/24/17)
- New ride-hailing law draws praise from carGo official (4/25/17)
Utah camp looks like Afghanistan area
SALT LAKE CITY -- A military training camp built to resemble Afghanistan sprawls across 1 million acres in Utah's West Desert.
The camp includes caves, tents, villages and abandoned mines on the brush-covered hills of the Utah Test and Training Range west of Great Salt Lake.
Today, pilots and other military personnel from Hill, Luke and Mountain Home Air Force bases will descend on the camp for a 10-day training exercise to simulate bombing missions.