- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)7
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)
- Pincksten's newest renovation project: 328 S. Spanish St. (7/17/16)6
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Trooper-involved homicide case rests in prosecutor's hands (7/17/16)15
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)3
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Jackson roundabout on schedule, on budget (7/19/16)6
Utah camp looks like Afghanistan area
SALT LAKE CITY -- A military training camp built to resemble Afghanistan sprawls across 1 million acres in Utah's West Desert.
The camp includes caves, tents, villages and abandoned mines on the brush-covered hills of the Utah Test and Training Range west of Great Salt Lake.
Today, pilots and other military personnel from Hill, Luke and Mountain Home Air Force bases will descend on the camp for a 10-day training exercise to simulate bombing missions.