- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Wind brings down Wendy's sign in Cape Girardeau (12/11/17)2
- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
Utah camp looks like Afghanistan area
SALT LAKE CITY -- A military training camp built to resemble Afghanistan sprawls across 1 million acres in Utah's West Desert.
The camp includes caves, tents, villages and abandoned mines on the brush-covered hills of the Utah Test and Training Range west of Great Salt Lake.
Today, pilots and other military personnel from Hill, Luke and Mountain Home Air Force bases will descend on the camp for a 10-day training exercise to simulate bombing missions.