- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)17
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)6
Utah camp looks like Afghanistan area
SALT LAKE CITY -- A military training camp built to resemble Afghanistan sprawls across 1 million acres in Utah's West Desert.
The camp includes caves, tents, villages and abandoned mines on the brush-covered hills of the Utah Test and Training Range west of Great Salt Lake.
Today, pilots and other military personnel from Hill, Luke and Mountain Home Air Force bases will descend on the camp for a 10-day training exercise to simulate bombing missions.