- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)7
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Man convicted of Perryville convenience-store heist (9/21/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)4
Gas prices at two-year low
The Associated Press
LOS ANGELES -- Gasoline prices have plunged more than 40 cents a gallon since Sept. 11, reaching a two-year low.
The average retail price of a gallon of gasoline, including all grades and taxes, was about $1.15 on Friday, down more than 8 cents per gallon in the past three weeks, according to the Lundberg Survey of about 8,000 stations nationwide released Sunday.
It's the lowest price since March 1999, when the national average was about $1.08.
In some cities the average gas price dipped below a dollar a gallon, to the joy and amazement of drivers.