- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)7
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Pincksten's newest renovation project: 328 S. Spanish St. (7/17/16)6
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Trooper-involved homicide case rests in prosecutor's hands (7/17/16)15
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)4
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Jackson roundabout on schedule, on budget (7/19/16)7
Gas prices at two-year low
The Associated Press
LOS ANGELES -- Gasoline prices have plunged more than 40 cents a gallon since Sept. 11, reaching a two-year low.
The average retail price of a gallon of gasoline, including all grades and taxes, was about $1.15 on Friday, down more than 8 cents per gallon in the past three weeks, according to the Lundberg Survey of about 8,000 stations nationwide released Sunday.
It's the lowest price since March 1999, when the national average was about $1.08.
In some cities the average gas price dipped below a dollar a gallon, to the joy and amazement of drivers.