- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
CAIRO, Ill. -- Funeral for Robert Lee Suggs of Lexington, Ky., formerly of Cairo, will be held at 10 a.m. today at Massie Funeral Home in Cairo. The Rev. Ronnie Mack will officiate. Burial will be in National Cemetery at Mound City, Ill.
Friends may call at the funeral home from 9 a.m. until time of service.
Suggs, 57, died Friday, Nov. 30, 2001, at Kentucky Medical Center in Lexington.
He was born Sept. 21, 1944, in St. Louis, son of William Henry and Bertha Mae Suggs.
Survivors include his wife, Blanche; three sons, Robert Jr., Percy and Marchetto, all of Chicago; his mother, Bertha Johnson; three brothers, Selwyn, Llewillym and Rouche; a sister, Sheila; grandmother, Mozzella Glass of Lilbourn, Mo.; and three grandchildren.