- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Ivie E. Lewis, 98, of Sikeston died Wednesday, Dec. 5, 2001, at Missouri Delta Medical Center.
He was born Dec. 27, 1902, near Cumberland City, Tenn., son of Richard and Mary Jane Lewis. He and Myrtle Allard were married March 22, 1925. She died May 23, 1991.
Lewis moved to Sikeston in 1918. He worked 15 years at International Shoe Co. and later farmed.
Survivors include a daughter, Dorothy Keller of Sikeston; a son, Billy Lewis of Sikeston; nine grandchildren; 18 great-grandchildren; and nine great-great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by three sisters and three brothers.
Friends may call at Ponder Funeral Home from 5-8 p.m. today.
Funeral will be at 2 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Lee Fansler officiating. Burial will be in Garden of Memories Cemetery.