- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
KELSO, Mo. -- Charles Frank Robert, 88, of Kelso died Wednesday, Dec. 5, 2001, at the Lutheran Home in Cape Girardeau.
He was born March 6, 1913, at Kelso, son of Charles and Ida Hohmann Robert. He and Caroline Stella Scherer were married May 18, 1937, at New Hamburg, Mo.
Robert retired as a seam presser at Thorngate Ltd. He was a member of St. Augustine Catholic Church in Kelso and Knights of Columbus Council 6420 in Scott City, Mo.
Survivors include his wife; a son and daughter-in-law, Gary and Pat Robert of Cape Girardeau; a brother, Pius Robert of Kelso; three grandchildren, Stephanie Tew of Scott City, Nicole Robert of Kansas City, Mo., Gabe Robert of Cape Girardeau; and two great-grandsons, Tyler Stephens and Jordan Tew.
He was preceded in death by six brothers and a sister.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City from 4-8 p.m. today. Parish prayers will be at 6, followed by Knights of Columbus service at 6:15.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at St. Augustine Church, with the Rev. Oliver Clavin officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery.