- State declares test results for schools invalid (10/4/17)2
- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- Child-custody advocate: State law needs fix to provide parents with more equal custody (10/12/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- The last person to be laid to rest at Old Lorimier Cemetery: Mary Russell Fox (10/17/17)2
Soldier upset by petty gripes in Speak Out
To the editor:
This is to all of you who call Speak Out and gripe about stupid little things. I am a 20-year-old soldier from Chaffee who is in the Army. It makes me sick to see you waste your time complaining while I am protecting your freedoms. I wish all of you would open your minds and do something better with your time like helping each other. You act like a bunch of little kids.
Fort Polk, La.