- 3 charged with burglarizing Scott City bar (10/14/16)4
- West Park Mall to be closed Thanksgiving (10/14/16)2
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Cape Girardeau County: A great place to grab a bite (10/14/16)1
- Man charged after cops try to cuff him in his sleep (10/14/16)9
- Three weeks and then what? (10/18/16)1
- Suspected attacker of Southeast student apprehended (10/19/16)5
- Mom jailed with daughter after mailing drug to her (10/16/16)
Soldier upset by petty gripes in Speak Out
To the editor:
This is to all of you who call Speak Out and gripe about stupid little things. I am a 20-year-old soldier from Chaffee who is in the Army. It makes me sick to see you waste your time complaining while I am protecting your freedoms. I wish all of you would open your minds and do something better with your time like helping each other. You act like a bunch of little kids.
Fort Polk, La.