- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)6
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)2
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)33
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
- Cape police warn of 'Grandparent Scam' (12/4/16)
Soldier upset by petty gripes in Speak Out
To the editor:
This is to all of you who call Speak Out and gripe about stupid little things. I am a 20-year-old soldier from Chaffee who is in the Army. It makes me sick to see you waste your time complaining while I am protecting your freedoms. I wish all of you would open your minds and do something better with your time like helping each other. You act like a bunch of little kids.
Fort Polk, La.