- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Cape fines contractor $1,100 a day for street-project delays; contractor blames utility relocations (5/18/17)13
- Attorney general seeks bond revocation for embattled sheriff (5/17/17)3
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- I will not be silenced (5/16/17)4
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
- Revival of Oran police board urged amid timecard fraud, nepotism allegations (5/17/17)4
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
Soldier upset by petty gripes in Speak Out
To the editor:
This is to all of you who call Speak Out and gripe about stupid little things. I am a 20-year-old soldier from Chaffee who is in the Army. It makes me sick to see you waste your time complaining while I am protecting your freedoms. I wish all of you would open your minds and do something better with your time like helping each other. You act like a bunch of little kids.
Fort Polk, La.