- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)5
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
N. Illinois defeats Otahkians
DEKALB, Ill. -- A balanced Northern Illinois squad defeated the Southeast Missouri State Otahkians 71-63 Wednesday night at Evans Field House.
Northern Illinois had four players in double figures, while Southeast had only two.
Southeast (5-3) got 19 points and nine rebounds from Veronica Benson, while Pam Iversen scored 16 points and pulled down six rebounds.
Kristan Knake led Northern Illinois (4-2) with 15 points.
NIU led 35-29 at halftime and outscored the Otahkians 36-34 in the second half.
The Otahkians shot terribly in the first half, hitting only 10 of their 30 shots.
The difference in the game came at the 3-point line, where Southeast hit only two of its eight attempts and Northern Illinois hit five of eight.