- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Edna L. Wachter, 86, of Perryville died Friday, Nov. 30, 2001, at Perry County Nursing Home.
She was born Feb. 2, 1915, at Shawneetown, Mo., daughter of Benjamin K. and Anna Gerler Scholl. She and Eldor Oscar Wachter were married Oct. 25, 1936. He died Nov. 10, 1983.
Wachter worked on the assembly line at Gilster-Mary Lee. She was a member of Immanuel Lutheran Church and Berean Bible Class.
Survivors include four nephews, Marvin and Gary Scholl of Frohna, Mo., Jim Scholl of St. Louis, Paul Scholl of Jackson, Mo.; and a niece, Margaret Meyr of Jackson.
She was preceded in death by three brothers.
Friends may call at Young and Sons Funeral Home after 1 p.m. Sunday.
Funeral will be at 3 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Matthew Marks officiating. Burial will be in Immanuel Lutheran Cemetery.