- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)1
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)5
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- Feeding deer in Bollinger, Cape and Perry counties prohibited soon to help curb spread of CWD (6/13/18)7
- New Zaxby's restaurant open in Cape (6/13/18)3
Oh deer, an elk
JACKSON, Ky. -- Randolph Scott Stidham was so proud of shooting an enormous deer he drove it around town in the back of his pickup to show it off to friends.
They broke the bad news: He had actually bagged one of 1,300 protected elk that wildlife officials have been trying to restore to the state's Appalachian mountains.
Now Stidham, 38, faces more than $8,000 in fines and up to a year in jail.