- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
DELTA, Mo. -- Theodore "Ted" Gaines, 86, of Delta, died Wednesday, Nov. 28, 2001, at the Advance Nursing Center.
Born Nov. 10, 1915, near Zalma, Mo., he was the son of King and Ella Deck Gaines.
On Aug. 23, 1990, he married Dessie Foster.
A retired plumber, Gaines was a member of the Chicago Journeynan Plumbers Union 130 U.A.
He was a member of the General Baptist Union in Bollinger County and had been attending the First Baptist Church in Delta. He also was a member of the Delta Senior Citizens.
Survivors include his wife, six daughters, Wilma Rouggly of Grassy, Mo., Bernice Smith of Advance, Mo., Louise Acup of Marble Hill, Mo., Brenda Spiller of Wentzville, Mo., Debra Savage of Wilmington, Ill., and Connie Danlow of Lockport, Ill.; a stepson, Johnny Foster of Delta; two brothers, Bloise Gaines of Buffalo Creek, Colo., Heuda Gaines of Edwardsville, Ill.; four sisters, Velma Slaughter of Delta, Veda Baker of Marble Hill, Carna Watkins of Cape Girardeau and Eula Simon of Sioux City, Iowa; 17 grandchildren; two stepgrandsons; 40 great-grandchildren; and five great-great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by three brothers and a sister.
Friends may call after 4 p.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee, Mo.
Funeral will be held at 1 p.m. Friday at the funeral chapel, with the Revs. Eric Hodge and Bob Porter officiating.
Burial will take place in Morgan Memorial Park Cemetery in Advance.