- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Two Benton men jailed on charges of making meth
BENTON, Mo. -- Two Benton men were in the Scott County jail Tuesday, allegedly caught with the ingredients to make methamphetamine.
John K. Ikerman, 36, is charged with possession of a controlled substance with the intent to distribute, attempt to manufacture a controlled substance, possession of ephedrine with the intent to manufacture, possession of chemicals and endangering the welfare of a child. Bond is set at $200,000.
His nephew, Joseph Ikerman, 23, is charged with possession of chemicals. Bond is set at $50,000.
Scott County deputies, acting on a tip, stopped John Ikerman's vehicle Sunday and found the makings for meth inside, said Scott County Sheriff Bill Ferrell.
Deputies and an agent with the Southeast Missouri Drug Task Force then searched the two men's homes, finding drug paraphernalia in John Ikerman's house, said police reports.
Officers also found several guns and two children in the house, including a 3-year-old.