- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
DONGOLA, Ill. -- Harlan Nimmo, 83, of Dongola died Monday, Nov. 26, 2001, at St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girar-deau.
He was born Sept. 18, 1918, in Union County, Ill., son of Fred and Murrel Hinkle Nimmo. He and Wanda Davis were married Aug. 5, 1939. He died Jan. 4, 2000.
Nimmo was a retired farmer. He was a member of Big Creek Baptist Church, American Legion, and Carroll P. Foster VFW Post 3455.
He served in the U.S. Army Medical Corps.
Survivors include a son, C.W. Nimmo of Dongola; two sisters, Anita Nimmo of Anna, Doris Johnson of Peoria, Ill.; three granddaughters; and a great-granddaughter.
He was preceded in death by two brothers and a sister.
Friends may call at Crain Funeral Home in Anna, Ill., from 4-8 p.m. today.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home. The Revs. LaRue Parr and Jim Hardway will officiate. Burial will be in Big Creek Cemetery, with military rites by VFW Post 3455.