- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
VILLA RIDGE, Ill. -- James A. "Sonny" Blanchard, 66, of Villa Ridge died suddenly Monday, Nov. 26, 2001, at his home, of an apparent heart attack.
He was born Nov. 27, 1934, at Senath, Mo., son of Troy and Evelyn Fern Bridges Blanchard. He married Rosemarie Endicott.
Blanchard was a retired carpenter and was employed by W.T. Harvick Construction 20 years. He was a member of the Carpenters Union.
He served four years in the U.S. Air Force.
Survivors include his wife; two daughters, Debra Daniels of Olmsted, Ill., Diane Hendricks of Cape Girardeau; three brothers, Bobbie Blanchard of Olmsted, Garold Blanchard of Hillerman, Ill., Carl Blanchard of Joppa, Ill.; a sister, Cindy Malley of Mounds, Ill.; three grandchildren; and a great-grandchild.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a sister.
Friends may call at Jones Funeral Home in Villa Ridge from 5-8 p.m. today.
Funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Stephen Wolfe officiating. Burial will be in National Cemetery at Mound City, Ill.