- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
BERNIE, Mo. -- Amy Bell Becking, 76, of Bernie died Monday, Nov. 26, 2001, at St. Francis Medical Center.
She was born July 2, 1925, in Bernie, daughter of James Robert and Ora Mae Vineyard Kifer.
She and Glendale Lee Becking were married June 19, 1948, in Piggott, Ark.
Survivors include her husband; two daughters, Lana Becking of Bernie and Cindy Stewart of Marian, Ill.; three sisters, Lucille Bates of Dexter, Mo., Goldie Hunt of Flint, Mich., and Helen "Toots" Thurston of Kennett, Mo; two grandchildren; and one great-granddaughter.
She was preceded in death by four brothers and four sisters.
Friends may call from 5:30-8 p.m. today at Rainey Funeral Home in Bernie.
Funeral will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Martin Goode officiating. Burial will be in the Bernie Cemetery.