- Owner of Mary Jane Burgers & Brew in Perryville to open new culinary concept in Cape (9/15/17)3
- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- How the story of one dog is helping others (9/14/17)1
- Eyewitnesses testify about fatal shooting; men were using drugs, alcohol (9/14/17)
- Jury finds Harris guilty of murder, 3 other counts (9/15/17)4
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)1
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
Toy exhibit's last showing will be Dec. 15
To the editor:
The Cape River Heritage Museum's 2002 membership drive is in progress. On behalf of other board members, thank you for the generous response.
Since 2002 will be the museum's 20th anniversary, we will have special events during the year. The Oktoberfest fund raiser at Longview was well-received.
It is with great disappointment that local attendance at the museum has been lacking. Great numbers of out-of-town visitors have enjoyed our antique toy exhibit. Folks, you are missing a rare collection from the 1850s to the early 1900s. Do not let this opportunity slip by unseen. The last showing of this exhibit will be Dec. 15. Please support your city museum and the volunteers who make it possible.
Regular museum hours are 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays. There is a small fee for nonmembers. Call 334-0405 or 334-3802 for information.
The museum will be closed after Dec. 15 for renovation and will reopen in mid-March.
MARJORIE H. THOMPSON
Cape River Heritage Museum