- Fatal-shooting victim ID'd; uncle said he tried to break up fight (9/29/16)28
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Perryville High principal on leave; no reason given (9/28/16)9
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Animal-rescue group receives grant from rock star for spay, neuter assistance (9/28/16)1
- Monia pleads guilty to 9 counts of financial exploitation of elderly; dealings with murderer Joseph clarified (9/28/16)11
- Woman accused of pushing Wal-Mart employee after theft (9/27/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)6
Toy exhibit's last showing will be Dec. 15
To the editor:
The Cape River Heritage Museum's 2002 membership drive is in progress. On behalf of other board members, thank you for the generous response.
Since 2002 will be the museum's 20th anniversary, we will have special events during the year. The Oktoberfest fund raiser at Longview was well-received.
It is with great disappointment that local attendance at the museum has been lacking. Great numbers of out-of-town visitors have enjoyed our antique toy exhibit. Folks, you are missing a rare collection from the 1850s to the early 1900s. Do not let this opportunity slip by unseen. The last showing of this exhibit will be Dec. 15. Please support your city museum and the volunteers who make it possible.
Regular museum hours are 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays. There is a small fee for nonmembers. Call 334-0405 or 334-3802 for information.
The museum will be closed after Dec. 15 for renovation and will reopen in mid-March.
MARJORIE H. THOMPSON
Cape River Heritage Museum