- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Otahkians knock off Lipscomb
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Southeast Missouri State University ruined a momentous evening for Lipscomb University as the Otahkians won the first game ever played at Allen Arena, defeating the Lady Bisons 72-58 Tuesday night.
Veronica Benson and Lori Chase both had big games for Southeast, which improved to 4-1 on the season. Benson scored a game-high 22 points with Chase right behind with 20.
LaShelle Porter, 12 points, also finished in double figures for the Otahkians.
Lipscomb (2-4) featured just one player in double-figure scoring as Kari Campbell finished with 11 points.
Lipscomb appeared to be up to the challenge of christening its new arena with a victory, jumping out to a 7-1 lead in the first three minutes of play. However, Southeast came back to take a 10-9 lead by the 12:20 mark on a Benson layin. The Otahks, who have won four in a row since dropping their season opener, then went on a 16-7 run on their way to a 29-22 halftime lead.