- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
ORAN, Mo. -- John Burton Hudson, 97, of Oran died Saturday, Nov. 24, 2001, at Chaffee Nursing Center in Chaffee, Mo.
He was born Aug. 24, 1904, at Gatewood, Mo., son of Newton and Maude Goodman Hudson. He and the late Thelma Hart were married Sept. 25, 1935. She died Feb. 28, 1992.
Hudson was a retired farm laborer.
Survivors include two sons, Austin Hudson of Cape Girardeau and John "Peck" Hudson of Spokane, Wash; seven grandchildren; and eight great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, a son, a daughter, three brothers and four sisters.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Oran at 4 p.m. Tuesday.
Funeral will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the chapel. The Rev. Don Russell will officiate, with burial in New Morley Cemetery in Morley, Mo.