- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
ANNA, Ill. -- Vera G. Horner, 93, of Anna died Saturday, Nov. 24, 2001, at Union County Hospital.
She was born Jan. 31, 1908, at Dongola, Ill., daughter of Gerald and Meffie Davis Lingle. She was married to the late Jack Horner.
Horner owned and operated a stationery store in Oak Park, Ill., for many years. She was a member of the Anna United Methodist Church, the Zonta International Club of Oak Park and the Salvation Army Auxiliary.
Survivors include a brother, Gerald Lingle of Denver, Colo.
She was preceded in death by her parents and two brothers.
Friends may call at Crain Funeral Home in Anna after 4 p.m. Tuesday.
Funeral will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home. The Rev. Sidney Davis will officiate with burial in Anna Cemetery.