- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
DEXTER, Mo. -- Golda Mae Woods, 73, of Dexter died Saturday, Nov. 24, 2001, at the Three Rivers Healthcare South Campus in Poplar Bluff, Mo.
She was born March 31, 1928, at Hendrickdson, Mo., daughter of the late Ed and Dorthy Ray Etheridge. She and Homer Woods were married Dec. 22, 1944, at Piggott, Ark.
Woods was a member of the Elk General Baptist Church in Broseley, Mo.
Survivors include her husband; a son, William "Bill" Woods of Dexter; a daughter, Joann Harmon of Kennett, Mo.; three sisters, Claudine Cauthen of Easley, S.C., Carmon Pennington of Poplar Bluff and Carolyn Bruce of Aulin, Mo.; four grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son and two brothers.
Friends may call at Watkins and Sons Funeral Home in Dexter from 5-8 p.m. today.
Funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the chapel. The Rev. Dan Ross will officiate, with burial in Hill Cemetery near Bloomfield, Mo.