- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Leo William Steger, 61, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, Nov. 24, 2001, at Gulf Breeze Medical Center in Gulf Breeze, Fla.
He was born Sept. 24, 1940, in Cape Girardeau, son of Fred Leo and Wilma A. Huber Steger. From 1960 to now, he was general manager of Missouri Barge Line. He was a member of St. Andrew Lutheran Church.
Survivors include a son, Scott Steger of Cape Girardeau; two daughters, Sherri Palermo of Navarre Beach, Fla., and Shawna Pennington of Cape Girardeau; a brother, Raymond Steger of Cape Girardeau; a sister, Marian Furr of Cape Girardeau; and four grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a sister.
Friends may call from 4-8 p.m. Tuesday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Chapel.
Funeral will be at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Paul Short officiating. Burial will be in Memorial Park in Cape Girardeau.