- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)22
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
Unlicensed autos - Can't new owners afford the tax bill?
To the editor:
Lately I have noticed a large number of vehicles being driven in or around Cape Girardeau without license plates or temporary tags in windows. These people, should be stopped and ticketed by the police. Most of these vehicles are either new or late-model pickup trucks. I suppose these people can't afford to pay the sales tax after buying the trucks.
Scott City, Mo.