- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Jackson police describe night of anger, car crashes, drug possession by 18-year-old (1/22/17)5
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
- Comedian, cancer survivor Tom Green headlines sold-out Cancer Center benefit (1/22/17)
Unlicensed autos - Can't new owners afford the tax bill?
To the editor:
Lately I have noticed a large number of vehicles being driven in or around Cape Girardeau without license plates or temporary tags in windows. These people, should be stopped and ticketed by the police. Most of these vehicles are either new or late-model pickup trucks. I suppose these people can't afford to pay the sales tax after buying the trucks.
Scott City, Mo.