- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)2
Unlicensed autos - Can't new owners afford the tax bill?
To the editor:
Lately I have noticed a large number of vehicles being driven in or around Cape Girardeau without license plates or temporary tags in windows. These people, should be stopped and ticketed by the police. Most of these vehicles are either new or late-model pickup trucks. I suppose these people can't afford to pay the sales tax after buying the trucks.
Scott City, Mo.