- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Harbor Freight Tools plans to move ahead with Cape Girardeau store (12/5/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
- Sugarfire Cape barbecue restaurant to open June 2018 (12/7/17)
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Business Notebook: Yule Log Cabin gets home feel honestly (12/4/17)
- Fruitland Army veteran spends weeks helping in ravaged Puerto Rico (12/5/17)2
Unlicensed autos - Can't new owners afford the tax bill?
To the editor:
Lately I have noticed a large number of vehicles being driven in or around Cape Girardeau without license plates or temporary tags in windows. These people, should be stopped and ticketed by the police. Most of these vehicles are either new or late-model pickup trucks. I suppose these people can't afford to pay the sales tax after buying the trucks.
Scott City, Mo.