- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- Sands Pancake House moving to Morgan Oak location (8/11/17)1
- Cape movie theater to feature recliners, new food and drink options (8/11/17)3
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Judge hears Mosby's formerly suppressed confession at Robinson hearing (8/9/17)
- $34 million student housing project on schedule, developer says (8/14/17)2
Unlicensed autos - Can't new owners afford the tax bill?
To the editor:
Lately I have noticed a large number of vehicles being driven in or around Cape Girardeau without license plates or temporary tags in windows. These people, should be stopped and ticketed by the police. Most of these vehicles are either new or late-model pickup trucks. I suppose these people can't afford to pay the sales tax after buying the trucks.
Scott City, Mo.