- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
SCOTT CITY, Mo. - Myra Renae Gerlach and Jason Lynn McCormick were married Sept. 22, 2001, at Trinity Lutheran Church in Egypt Mills, Mo. The Rev. Mark Martin performed the double ring ceremony. Organist was Judy Foeste and soloist was Betty Martin, both of Cape Girardeau. A duet was performed by Tim and Renee Ferlach of Hillsboro, Mo.
The bride is the daughter of Richard and Veroncett Gerlach of Cape Girardeau. The groom is the son of Bud and Becky Whitlatch of Scott City, and the late David "Poonie" McCormick.
Matron of honor was Raquel Keefe of Kansas City, Mo. Bridesmaids were Erica Moyers and Jessica Moyers, both of Jackson; and Jaime Vines of Cape Girardeau, all nieces of the bride.
The groom chose Jeff Ostendorf of Cape Girardeau as best man. Groomsmen were Mike Fowler of Scott City, uncle of the groom; Barney Green of Bloomfield, Mo., and Shawn McCormick of Scott City, brother of the groom. Ushers were Justin Vines and Darris Gerlach Jr., both of Cape Girardeau and nephews of the bride. Bulletin greeter was Joshua Moyers of Jackson, nephew of the bride.
Flower girls were Elizabeth Heise and Brandy Guinter. Elizabeth is the daughter of Johnny and Jane Heise of Cape Girardeau. Brandy is the daughter of Richard and Paula Guinter of Cape Girardeau. Ringbearer was Dalton McCormick, son of the groom.
Candlelighters were Ashton Gerlach of Cape Girardeau, niece of the bride; and Danielle Hagan of West Plains, Mo., niece of the groom.
Randi Baremore of Cincinnati, Ohio, niece of the groom, attended the guestbook.
Following the ceremony, a dinner and reception were held at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Jackson. Servers were Jackie Green of Bloomfield, and Tammy Hagan of West Plains, sister of the groom.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner Sept. 21, at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Jackson.
Mrs. McCormick is a 1994 graduate of Central High School. She is employed at Heise Heating and Cooling, Inc.
The groom is also a 1994 graduate of Central High School. He is employed at Nordenia USA.
The couple resides in Scott City.