- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Mildred Corbin George, 77, of Sikeston died Wednesday, Nov. 21, 2001, at Missouri Delta Medical Center.
She was born Dec. 30, 1923, in Sikeston, daughter of Nathan Alexander and Cora Jane Fox Bennett.
She was first married to Homer Corbin, who preceded her in death. She then married William J. George in 1978. He died Dec. 3, 1993.
George was a private duty nurse's aide and a member of the First United Pentecostal Church.
Survivors include three sons, Robert Corbin of Sikeston, Ralph Corbin of Poplar Bluff, Mo., and Jerry Corbin of Sikeston; a brother, Earl Bennett of Bernie, Mo.; a sister, Louise Ellis of Granite City, Ill.; five grandchildren; and eight great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son and four brothers.
Friends may call from 5-8 p.m. today at Nunnelee Funeral Chapel in Sikeston.
Funeral will be at 2 p.m. Sunday at the funeral chapel, with Rev. Richard Whitman officiating. Burial will be in Dogwood Cemetery.