- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
JONESBORO, Ill. -- Mary Elizabeth Lacy, 86, of Jonesboro died Wednesday, Nov. 21, 2001, at the Jonesboro Healthcare Center.
He was born Aug. 10, 1915, in Jonesboro, daughter of Harry and Mae Jackson Wilson.
She and Ammon Lacy were married Nov. 7, 1931, in Jonesboro. Her died Feb. 3, 1977.
Lacy worked at the shoe factory and later at the dietary department at Choate Mental Health. She was also a member of the Jonesboro Methodist Church.
Survivors include three sons, Ammon E. Lacy of Mission, Texas, Kenneth Lacy of Jonesboro and Rodney Lacy of Elco, Ill.; three sisters, Violet Boyd, Oma Treece and Francis Meisenheimer, all of Jonesboro; 10 grandchildren; 20 great grandchildren; and one great-great grandchild.
She was preceded in death by three sisters.
Friends may call from 5-8 p.m. today at Hileman and Parr Funeral Services.
Funeral will be at 1 p.m. Sunday at the funeral chapel, with the Revs. Marion Mosley, Todd Hawk and John Prather officiating. Burial will be in Jonesboro Cemetery.