- Sister: Shooting victim died a hero (9/30/16)9
- Fatal-shooting victim ID'd; uncle said he tried to break up fight (9/29/16)30
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Perryville couple arrested on felony drug charges after sting operation (9/29/16)
- Perryville High principal on leave; no reason given (9/28/16)9
- Animal-rescue group receives grant from rock star for spay, neuter assistance (9/28/16)1
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Monia pleads guilty to 9 counts of financial exploitation of elderly; dealings with murderer Joseph clarified (9/28/16)11
- Woman accused of pushing Wal-Mart employee after theft (9/27/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)6
John McFall Sr.
DEXTER, Mo. - John L. McFall, Sr., 65, of Dexter, died Nov. 21, 2001, at his home.
He was born on Jan 20, 1936, in Morley, Mo., son of George W. and Gertrude McDaniels McFall.
He married Ruby Denney on Jan. 25, 1957, in Delta, Mo.
He was a retired truck driver, a veteran of the United States Navy, having served on the USS O'Brien and USS Dortch, and a member of the American Legion Post 1000 in Dexter.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, Jeff McFall of Dexter and John L. McFall Jr., of Scott City, Mo.; a daughter, Gwen Hare of Ava, Mo.; a brother, Gendron McFall of Scott City; nine grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents; a brother; and a sister.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. Sunday at Rainey Funeral Home in Dexter.
Funeral will be 2 p.m. Monday at Mt. Tabor Church in Ava, with the Rev. Tom Johnson officiating.
Burial will be in Mt. Tabor Cemetery.