- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
John McFall Sr.
DEXTER, Mo. - John L. McFall, Sr., 65, of Dexter, died Nov. 21, 2001, at his home.
He was born on Jan 20, 1936, in Morley, Mo., son of George W. and Gertrude McDaniels McFall.
He married Ruby Denney on Jan. 25, 1957, in Delta, Mo.
He was a retired truck driver, a veteran of the United States Navy, having served on the USS O'Brien and USS Dortch, and a member of the American Legion Post 1000 in Dexter.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, Jeff McFall of Dexter and John L. McFall Jr., of Scott City, Mo.; a daughter, Gwen Hare of Ava, Mo.; a brother, Gendron McFall of Scott City; nine grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents; a brother; and a sister.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. Sunday at Rainey Funeral Home in Dexter.
Funeral will be 2 p.m. Monday at Mt. Tabor Church in Ava, with the Rev. Tom Johnson officiating.
Burial will be in Mt. Tabor Cemetery.