- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)34
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)8
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
Careful reading shows sinfulness of homosexuality
To the editor:
A number of people have defended homosexuality, including Jeanne Wells who said sins other than homosexuality were the cause for the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah. She said to read Genesis 18 and 19. I would add: Read it carefully, and you'll see that the sin was homosexuality.
Homosexuality is one of the unnatural sins no matter how you sugar-coat it. Never did Jesus condone sin of any kind. To such who repented, he forgave them from the bottom of his heart, but he also warned the woman who was an adulterer, "Go, and sin no more."
The Scriptures speak plainly against this sin. St. Paul lists an entire catalog of sins, including homosexuality, which is one of the sins of the end times.
In regard to certain dietary laws in the Old Testament, these were abolished with the coming of Christ in the New Testament. However, the law of God, the Ten Commandments, stands for all time.
With the help of God, the sin of homosexuality can and is being overcome by many. The warning is: America, repent of your lax attitude toward this sin before it is too late.
LEONARD A KUEHNERT