- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)6
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)18
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)12
Careful reading shows sinfulness of homosexuality
To the editor:
A number of people have defended homosexuality, including Jeanne Wells who said sins other than homosexuality were the cause for the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah. She said to read Genesis 18 and 19. I would add: Read it carefully, and you'll see that the sin was homosexuality.
Homosexuality is one of the unnatural sins no matter how you sugar-coat it. Never did Jesus condone sin of any kind. To such who repented, he forgave them from the bottom of his heart, but he also warned the woman who was an adulterer, "Go, and sin no more."
The Scriptures speak plainly against this sin. St. Paul lists an entire catalog of sins, including homosexuality, which is one of the sins of the end times.
In regard to certain dietary laws in the Old Testament, these were abolished with the coming of Christ in the New Testament. However, the law of God, the Ten Commandments, stands for all time.
With the help of God, the sin of homosexuality can and is being overcome by many. The warning is: America, repent of your lax attitude toward this sin before it is too late.
LEONARD A KUEHNERT