- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Cape man stabbed in head, arm after strip-club incident; skull fractured, police say (6/25/17)3
- Custom cuts: Local hairstylist provides free haircuts to special-needs children (6/26/17)3
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)1
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)4
- Oran town board fired officer before hiring him as police chief; city officials say they can't remember reason for firing (6/25/17)2
- Playing with fire (6/25/17)
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
Careful reading shows sinfulness of homosexuality
To the editor:
A number of people have defended homosexuality, including Jeanne Wells who said sins other than homosexuality were the cause for the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah. She said to read Genesis 18 and 19. I would add: Read it carefully, and you'll see that the sin was homosexuality.
Homosexuality is one of the unnatural sins no matter how you sugar-coat it. Never did Jesus condone sin of any kind. To such who repented, he forgave them from the bottom of his heart, but he also warned the woman who was an adulterer, "Go, and sin no more."
The Scriptures speak plainly against this sin. St. Paul lists an entire catalog of sins, including homosexuality, which is one of the sins of the end times.
In regard to certain dietary laws in the Old Testament, these were abolished with the coming of Christ in the New Testament. However, the law of God, the Ten Commandments, stands for all time.
With the help of God, the sin of homosexuality can and is being overcome by many. The warning is: America, repent of your lax attitude toward this sin before it is too late.
LEONARD A KUEHNERT