- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)4
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
Careful reading shows sinfulness of homosexuality
To the editor:
A number of people have defended homosexuality, including Jeanne Wells who said sins other than homosexuality were the cause for the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah. She said to read Genesis 18 and 19. I would add: Read it carefully, and you'll see that the sin was homosexuality.
Homosexuality is one of the unnatural sins no matter how you sugar-coat it. Never did Jesus condone sin of any kind. To such who repented, he forgave them from the bottom of his heart, but he also warned the woman who was an adulterer, "Go, and sin no more."
The Scriptures speak plainly against this sin. St. Paul lists an entire catalog of sins, including homosexuality, which is one of the sins of the end times.
In regard to certain dietary laws in the Old Testament, these were abolished with the coming of Christ in the New Testament. However, the law of God, the Ten Commandments, stands for all time.
With the help of God, the sin of homosexuality can and is being overcome by many. The warning is: America, repent of your lax attitude toward this sin before it is too late.
LEONARD A KUEHNERT