- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Harley Eugene Davis, 70, of Chaffee died Tuesday, Nov. 20, 2001, at his home.
He was born on April 2, 1931, at New Madrid, Mo., son of James Ralston and Lola Violet Morrow Davis.
He was a retired welder, having worked for Missouri Dry Docks in Cape Girardeau. He was a member of the Assembly of God Church in Chaffee.
He an Berneice Curtis were married Nov. 7, 1952.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Ron Davis of Chaffee; a brother, Doyle Davis of New Madrid; three sisters, Dorothy Young of Fisk, Mo., and Ruth Benthal and Naomi Thatcher, both of New Madrid; a grandchild; and a great-grandchild.
He was preceded in death by a brother and a sister.
Friends may call after 4 p.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee.
Funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Charles Tennison officiating. Burial will be in Union Park Cemetery in Chaffee.