- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Edgar Joseph Feltz, 89, of Perryville died Tuesday, Nov. 20, 2001, at the Perry County Nursing Home.
He was born Sept. 4, 1912, son of Benjamin Harrison and Adeline Vessels Feltz. He and Helen M. Nesslein were married Oct. 14, 1940.
Feltz was retired after working as custodian for Bois Brule School District 32 and as a self-employed painter.
The 1931 valedictorian of Perry County High School, Feltz was a past member of the District 32 school board.
A member of Our Lady of Victory Catholic Church in Sereno, Mo., he was a past member of the Holy Name Society.
Survivors include his wife; three sons, Donald Feltz of Fredericktown, Mo., Keith Feltz of Maryville, Tenn., Kevin Feltz of Columbia, Mo.; a brother, E.V. "Shorty" Feltz of Sereno; three sisters, Bernadine Hagan of St. Louis, Dolly Mae Welker of Perryville and Delores Dunker of Sereno; six grandchildren; and two great-granddaughters.
He was preceded in death by a son, a brother and three sisters.
Friends may call from 5-9 p.m. Thursday at Young and Sons Funeral Chapel in Perryville and from 6:30-9:20 a.m. Friday. Parish wake will be at 7 p.m. Thursday.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Friday at Our Lady of Victory Catholic Church, with the Rev. Francis Agnew as celebrant. Burial will take place in Mount Hope Cemetery.