- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
KETCHIKAN, Alaska. -- Mary Virginia Norman, 81, of Ketchikan died Tuesday, Nov. 13, 2001, at Ketchikan General Hospital.
She was born Feb. 12, 1920, at McClure, Ill., daughter of Arley Calvin and Mary Eveline Colyer Cook. She and the late Henry Norman were married in 1970 at Ketchikan.
Norman worked in retail as a buyer of cosmetics and clothing for the Bon Marche Department Store in Alaska. She was a member of the Pentecostal Church, the Easter Star, Shrine, Royal Order of Moose, Democratic Party, Beta Sorority and the Elks.
Survivors include two sons, Ervie Brown Jr. of Ketchikan and Arley "Bud" Brown of Mountain Home, Ark.; a daughter, Clara Young of Everett, Wash.; eight grandchildren; and 11 great-grandchildren.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Sprigg Street Funeral Home from 1-2 p.m. Wednesday.
Funeral will be at 2 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home. The Rev. Raymond Oxford will officiate, with burial in Lindsey Cemetery in McClure.