- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
ORAN, Mo. -- Geraldine Teresa Schaefer, 73, of Oran died Thursday, Nov. 15, 2001, at Fountainbleau Lodge in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Aug. 4, 1928, at Commerce, Mo., daughter of James B. and Minerva J. Stallings Reed. She and Elmer Joseph Schaefer were married Dec. 7, 1985. He died May 1, 1997.
Schaefer was a retired machine operator at Goodyear Tire and Rubber Co. in St. Louis. She also was a member of Guardian Angel Catholic Church in Oran.
Survivors include two sisters, Louise Hunt of Pocatello, Idaho, and Lorena Green of Cahokia, Ill.
She was preceded in death by one son, five brothers and five sisters.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel at 8:30 a.m. Monday.
Funeral will follow at 10 a.m. at the funeral home, with the Rev. John Harth officiating. Burial will be in Guardian Angel Catholic Cemetery in Oran.