- 3 charged with burglarizing Scott City bar (10/14/16)4
- West Park Mall to be closed Thanksgiving (10/14/16)2
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)33
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Cape Girardeau County: A great place to grab a bite (10/14/16)1
- Man charged after cops try to cuff him in his sleep (10/14/16)9
- Three weeks and then what? (10/18/16)1
- Suspected attacker of Southeast student apprehended (10/19/16)5
- Mom jailed with daughter after mailing drug to her (10/16/16)
Atlanta airport concourses cleared because of security breach
ATLANTA (AP) -- Authorities halted departing flights at Atlanta's airport and evacuated people from the concourses Friday after a man ran through a security checkpoint and jumped on a terminal train.
The Federal Aviation Administration stopped all departures at Hartsfield Atlanta International Airport and planes in other cities going to Atlanta were told to remain on the ground, FAA spokesman Christopher White said.
All the passengers and employees in the concourses were cleared and sent to the main baggage pickup area.
Some planes were allowed to land, but none could take off, White said.
Airport police were pursuing the man. "It's still unfolding," Delta spokesman Peggy Estes said.
It was unclear when air traffic would restart at the airport.