- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)15
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Jackson man charged with assault after incident at Cape bar (06/24/16)1
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
- Business notebook: Plastics firm moves to area to help laid-off workers (06/20/16)1
Atlanta airport concourses cleared because of security breach
ATLANTA (AP) -- Authorities halted departing flights at Atlanta's airport and evacuated people from the concourses Friday after a man ran through a security checkpoint and jumped on a terminal train.
The Federal Aviation Administration stopped all departures at Hartsfield Atlanta International Airport and planes in other cities going to Atlanta were told to remain on the ground, FAA spokesman Christopher White said.
All the passengers and employees in the concourses were cleared and sent to the main baggage pickup area.
Some planes were allowed to land, but none could take off, White said.
Airport police were pursuing the man. "It's still unfolding," Delta spokesman Peggy Estes said.
It was unclear when air traffic would restart at the airport.