- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Burglary of trailer leaves its residents homeless (7/27/16)4
- Cape resident gets seven years in prison for shooting at man (7/26/16)1
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Foot plots provide habitats and nutrition to attract wildlife, grow populations (7/18/16)
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
Atlanta airport concourses cleared because of security breach
ATLANTA (AP) -- Authorities halted departing flights at Atlanta's airport and evacuated people from the concourses Friday after a man ran through a security checkpoint and jumped on a terminal train.
The Federal Aviation Administration stopped all departures at Hartsfield Atlanta International Airport and planes in other cities going to Atlanta were told to remain on the ground, FAA spokesman Christopher White said.
All the passengers and employees in the concourses were cleared and sent to the main baggage pickup area.
Some planes were allowed to land, but none could take off, White said.
Airport police were pursuing the man. "It's still unfolding," Delta spokesman Peggy Estes said.
It was unclear when air traffic would restart at the airport.