- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
OLIVE BRANCH, Ill. -- Clyde A. Stewart, 80, of Olive Branch died Wednesday, Nov. 14, 2001, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Feb. 22, 1921, in Perks, Ill., son of James F. and Martha M. Volner Stewart.
Stewart was a graduate of West Frankfort High School in West Frankfort, Ill. He was a station agent for C. & E.I. Railroad 40 years. He was a member of a Masonic lodge.
Survivors include two sisters, Afton Stewart of Olive Branch and Kathleen Lucas of West Frankfort.
He was preceded in death by two brothers and a sister.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Sprigg Street Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau from 10-11 a.m. today.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. today at the funeral home, with the Rev. Cy Smith officiating. Burial will be in Green Lawn Memorial Gardens at Villa Ridge, Ill.