- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)17
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
Queen in Ireland
LONDONDERRY, Northern Ireland -- Queen Elizabeth II visited Northern Ireland's second-largest city Thursday for the first time in 48 years, amid cheering crowds.
The queen, accompanied by her husband, Prince Philip, began her daylong tour of the province with a stop at the Maydown Ebrington Center, a just-opened arts, recreation and education complex.
Elizabeth's last visit to Northern Ireland was in April 2000, but she had not been to Londonderry since 1953.