- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)15
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)1
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
People talk 11/16/01
Cruise, Kidman reach settlement divorce
LOS ANGELES -- Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman have settled their financial differences and custody battle over their two children.
The former Hollywood power couple, who divorced in August after nearly 10 years of marriage, reached an agreement Wednesday.
Most details of the agreement are confidential, but a lawyer said Cruise and Kidman will share custody of their two adopted children, Isabella, 8, and Conor, 6.
A joint statement released by lawyers said the actors "have come to an amicable, full resolution of all issues. This was done to ensure that the best interests of their children were protected."
Cruise, 39, and Kidman, 34, announced their separation Feb. 5. Cruise filed for divorce days later, citing irreconcilable differences as the reason for the split.
Brosnan 'sexiest man' according to magazine
NEW YORK -- Brosnan -- Pierce Brosnan -- is "The Sexiest Man Alive" according to People magazine.
The James Bond star is the 15th person to receive the title, which the magazine has bestowed previously on Brad Pitt, George Clooney and the original Bond, Sean Connery.
"I understand why women find him sexy, because he is an appealing man," said Brosnan's wife, Keely Shaye Smith. "He really likes and appreciates women."
The 48-year-old actor admits he's had his teeth fixed, but added, "I have not had any plastic surgery in any shape or form. No implants. And my hair is not dyed."
Davis, surgeon husband say they're having baby
LOS ANGELES -- Oscar-winning actress Geena Davis is having a baby.
The 45-year-old and her husband, 30-year-old Dr. Reza Jarrahy, are expecting their first child in April, publicist Paul Bloch said Thursday. The couple married Sept. 1 and they live in Southern California.
Davis, who won a supporting actress Academy Award for playing the kooky dog trainer in 1988's "The Accidental Tourist" and received an Oscar nomination for 1992's "Thelma & Louise," stars in next year's "Stuart Little 2." Her husband is a surgeon.
Gov. Ventura makes trip to Hollywood for film
ST. PAUL, Minn. -- Gov. Jesse Ventura made a two-day trip to Southern California last week to play a bit part in a movie.
He made a cameo appearance in a movie titled "Master of Disguise," a comedy starring Dana Carvey to be released in May, according to a spokeswoman for Revolution Studios, the film's producer.
Ventura was paid an undisclosed amount for his appearance, which is one of many celebrity cameos in the film, said the spokeswoman.
Capt. Tom Fraser, head of the state Capitol Complex Security Division, said Sony Pictures of Culver City, Calif., paid for the trip and the cost of two State Patrol security people to accompany the governor.
--From wire reports