- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
BLOOMFIELD, Mo. -- Vader L. Link, 79, of Bloomfield, died Wednesday, Nov. 14, 2001, at home.
Born Juan. 5, 1922, near Bloomfield, he was the son of Franklin and Mary Magdeline Meinz Link.
On July 28, 1951, he was married to Pansy Pauline Kleffer.
Link was a teacher for many years in the Portageville, Mo., school system and raised cattle on the family farm.
A member of the First General Baptist Church in Dexter, Mo., he also attended the Link Community Church near Bloomfield.
Survivors include his wife, Pansy; a daughter, Brenda Jean Gaines of Dexter; three grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by twin sisters.
Friends may call from 6-8 p.m. today at the Chiles-Cooper Funeral Home in Bloomfield.
Funeral will be held at 1 p.m. Friday in the funeral home, with the Revs. Jerry Cooper and Ilene Moore officiating. Burial will follow in the Essex Cemetery.