- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Show Me Center will get storage space, patio plaza
Director David Ross says the Show Me Center's storage areas have become like a crammed bedroom closet.
That's why the center's board of managers has approved a $1.5 million plan that will create 5,600 square feet of storage space as well as a 3,000-square-foot outdoor patio plaza and 2,600 square feet of new office space for Southeast's men's and women's basketball coaches.
Bids went out on the work Nov. 5, and construction could begin as early as December and end in the fall before basketball season begins, Ross said. The work will all be on the north side of the center.
The outdoor patio will be right next to the coaches offices, and can be used for receptions, banquets, booster clubs and other functions, Ross said, adding that the coaches have needed new offices for some time.