- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
KARNAK, Ill. -- Violet Marie Thompson, 79, of Karnak and formerly of Metropolis, Ill., died Saturday, Nov. 10, 2001, at Mercy Health Center in Oklahoma City, Okla.
She was born March 1, 1922, in Washington, D.C. She married William J. Thompson Sr. He preceded her in death.
She was a member of the Boaz Congregational Church. She was a homemaker.
She is survived by a daughter, Ethel Juliette Carroway of Edmond, Okla., four grandchildren and seven great-grandchildren.
She also was preceded in death by her parents, a son and two grandchildren.
Visitation will be from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday at the Wilson Funeral Home in Karnak.
Graveside services will be held at 1 p.m. Thursday at the Anderson Cemetery at Boaz, with the Rev. Gerald Cain officiating.