- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
BERNIE, Mo. -- Verba Ellen Romines, 80, of Bernie died Sunday, Nov. 11, 2001, at Missouri Southern Healthcare in Dexter, Mo.
She was born Feb. 8, 1921, at Fisk, Mo., daughter of Alva and Julia Allen Rowley.
Romines was a social service supervisor with Department of Public Social Services in Blythe, Calif. She was a member of VFW Auxiliary 2987 in Blythe. She moved back to the Bernie area a few years ago.
Survivors include a sister, Betty Cross of Bernie.
She was preceded in death by a brother.
Friends may call at Rainey Funeral Home in Bernie after 11:30 a.m. today.
Funeral will be at 1:30 p.m. today at the funeral home, with the Rev. O.H. Brooks officiating. Burial will be in Shain Memorial Cemetery at Ash Hill, Mo.